The real estate buying and selling process can be costly. After all, between showings, inspections, and paperwork, it is easy to lose track of what you’ve paid for. In this blog, we will discuss Millennial Title’s flat fee closings so that you understand what exactly you’re paying for on closing day.
What’s Included in the Flat Fee Closing?
Millennial Title charges a single fixed closing fee, excluding some counties in Tennessee. Flat fee closings with Millennial Title include:
- Title Search
- Millennial Title will perform a comprehensive search of property records to ensure that there aren’t any clerical errors, mistakes in examining records, undisclosed heirs, omissions in deeds, unknown liens or fraud involving the deed.
- Processing of the required paperwork
- The actual closing – often referred to as “paper signing day”. To learn more about closing day and what you need to bring, check out our closing day checklist.
Are There Additional Fees?
Yes, but these fees are outside of what Millennial Title collects and include:
- Courier/Wire Transfer fees when applicable
- Lenders and owners title insurance
- The insurance cost is based on the loan amount for the lender, sales price for the owner, and whether a standard or enhanced policy is purchased. The insurance protects against title fraud.
- Millennial Title collects the tax which is required by the county and submits it on your behalf
Closing with Millennial Title
At Millennial Title, we understand that closing on a home can be stressful for both buyers and sellers. We make the closing process easy for all parties by charging a flat closing fee for all residential real estate transactions so there are no surprise fees at the closing. A home is a monumental investment, and we believe your hard-earned income should go toward that investment. To learn more about Millennial Title’s closing process, contact our team today!